Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Belated Christmas!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We definitely had a wonderful time! We got to see all sides of both families & even started some of our own traditions. We have decided we are going to make an effort to stay home on Christmas Day from now on. Anyone is welcome to come here, but we don't want to be traveling the entire holiday. We cooked our own Christmas dinner and it was delicious.

This year Dwayne took the whole week of Christmas off. We went to a cabin in Pigeon Forge on the 18th. Dwayne's birthday is the 20th, so we celebrated with friends at the cabin. Our friends only got to come up for one night because of weather but we still had a great time! We did Christmas with Dwayne's side of the family on Dwayne's birthday. We had sandwiches and finger foods. It was really fun. Dwayne's big gift was a cordless drill and lots of other tools and my big gift was a sewing machine. Dwayne has already used his drill and I'm looking forward to trying to make some curtains with my sewing machine.

We checked out of the cabin on the 23rd and headed to my mom and dad's house. We stopped by my mamaw and papaw's house on the way. We opened gifts with my mom and dad and brothers on the 23rd. I worked for my Dad on Christmas Eve along with Drew and Seth. It was the first and possibly last time all three of us will work together. My mom's side of the family came over for dinner that night and we all gorged ourselves on turkey, roast, and all of the trimmings. Dwayne and I headed back home after dinner. Despite almost getting blown off of the road, we made it home safely and trudged through the remaining 6-7 inches of snow to our cozy apartment.

Christmas Day was incredibly relaxing. We slept in and then woke up and opened the gifts we had gotten each other. It was really special. Dwayne got me a pink vacuum (which is the only thing I had really asked for), a really pretty turquoise sweater, a scrapbook layout book, Season 3 of Grey's, a workout stepper and Firm video (I may have hinted that I wanted this too), some new CD's I had wanted, zebra dinner and salad plates to decorate the kitchen, and some pens for work, one of which is a zebra pen. I got him a new shirt and tie for work, a new beard trimmer, a toiletry travel bag, season 1 of the office, UT ornaments, a UT tshirt, an orange and white memo board, and a UT wastebasket. We had a great time just enjoying each other. After we opened gifts we cooked our Christmas dinner. We stayed in our pajamas all day and relaxed, watching Christmas movies and The Hangover. It made for a wonderful day!

My Vacuum!

Dwayne's Memo Board

See Facebook for more of our Christmas pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment