Life is great, but not terribly exciting right now, that's why I haven't updated in awhile. I did get to go to the beach when Dwayne was working down there, and that was a fun long weekend. I got to go outlet shopping with one of the other wives, Jamie, and we went to some nice restaurants and saw a movie.
We have tried out a new church, Biltmore Baptist Church, which we really like. We have been to the worship service a couple of times. I hope to try Sunday School, which is called Connect Groups, soon. The people there are very friendly. After filling out the guest information, I have received phone calls and emails inviting us back and wanting to help us get more involved.
Dwayne took me to see New Moon on Saturday. It was SOOOO much better than Twilight. The humor was actually funny, not corny. Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart looked like they had been coached a little more on their acting. To me, in Twilight, they looked like they were trying to convey seriousness, but they just looked ridiculous. Dwayne is a trooper for going with me after going to Twilight. He didn't complain once. I went to see New Moon again yesterday with Mom and Lynnea (my aunt). Mom had said that after Twilight she wasn't going to see New Moon until she heard if it was better. She thought New Moon was much better as well.
Dwayne and I both love Christmas and everything that comes with it, so we have had our Christmas tree and other decor up for a few weeks. We are finished with most of our shopping for the family. I get to go shop for him this afternoon, which is one of my favorite things to do. He is so appreciative!
Dwayne's job is going well. He really likes it, which is wonderful! He has learned so much. I'm so proud of him! He has come so far all by himself. I am so thankful that he is such a hard worker and a great provider while I'm still looking for a job.
For Thanksgiving, we are going to my grandparents' house on Thursday for lunch. We went to Dwayne's side of the family last year, so we are switching this year to try to see everyone. My mom got me an awesome book that has tons of ideas for decorating cupcakes, so I'm making turkey cupcakes that will serve not only as dessert, but also as name plates for the table. I will try to upload some pictures of the cupcakes, the Christmas decorations, and our new apartment soon. I can't seem to find my camera cord at the moment.
I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment