Saturday, January 16, 2010

No more snow, please!

When I was in high school and college and didn't have to go anywhere when it snowed, I always wanted snow. Now that I've joined the real world and have to go to work and go on with life, I despise snow. I work for a school system, which I thought meant tons of snow days here in the mountains. Wrong! The office doesn't abide by the same rules as the schools do, and I am supposed to use my judgment as to whether or not I can make it in to work. Being the new person, I want to make a good impression and show them that I'm not a lazy bum, so I have gone in to work every day, no matter what the weather. Don't get me wrong, they don't want me to jeopardize my safety, but as mentioned, I am the new person, and I want to show I care about the job. Only one day did the roads get so bad that I had to leave at 9:15 a.m. By that time though, I barely made it. I slid all the way home. My co-workers said that this much snow and ice is irregular, and I hope they are accurate and we won't have too much more snow.

On another note, both of our jobs are going well. We still love our apartment. We spend most of our time at home. Since we are trying to save, save, save & pay off debt, we don't go out a lot. That's fine with us. We try new recipes and have our favorite dinners (taco night). We play games and watch movies. We have a great life!

I'm starting to realize I'm getting old and uncool. I know nothing about some of the stuff Seth talks about, and at the grocery store yesterday, I didn't know one of the celebrities on the cover of a magazine! Oh well, I'll pretend I'm focusing on more important things now.

I hope to start some new craft projects soon. I got some fabric to attempt to make a curtain for our kitchen window, and I want to do a scrapbook of my late sister-in-law, Danielle. We already bought a scrapbook and a few things for it, but now I have to work on getting all the pictures together and organizing everything. I hope it will turn out well.

I'm going to end with that and work on cleaning the apartment and enjoy this weekend with Dwayne!

No comments:

Post a Comment