February has flown by and at the same time dragged by. Dwayne has been working in North Myrtle Beach for the past 3 weeks, so in that sense, it has been a little lonely for me. I got to go to a conference for work last week in Greensboro. I learned a lot and had a good time. I got to stay with my great-aunt Phyllis and great-uncle Mark. I really enjoyed spending time with them. I even got to see my cousins, Suzanne, David, Jonathan, Benjamin, and Daniel on Sunday night for dinner.
For Valentine's Day, we had decided to make each other a card and not get each other any gifts because we are working hard to pay off debt. (Total Money Makeover is what we're doing, if there are any Dave Ramsey followers out there you know what I'm talking about.) Dwayne wrote me an accounting/audit love poem, which was very creative and had me laughing so hard I cried before I finished the first line. He also made me pink chocolate chip pancakes and we got a bag of candy to share.
This weekend has been gorgeous! After all the snow and bitterly cold weather, this weekend was sunny with temperatures in the 50's. We had lunch with my Mom and Dad this afternoon and got to visit with them for awhile, which was great. We also got to go out and do a little bargain shopping! We are planning on getting our fishing licenses fairly soon so we can enjoy the lake that is right across the street from our apartment. Dwayne has fished for quite awhile now, but I recently became the owner of my very own pink fishing rod!
As for our total money makeover, we are doing pretty well. We are very pleased with what we've been able to accomplish thus far, and we're excited to see what we can do in the coming months. We were able to complete our short-term emergency fund in January, so this month we started our Debt Snowball. By the end of March we will have paid off the credit card, and by the end of June (maybe sooner if we get a tax refund) we will have paid off the dental bills. These are our current goals. Once we accomplish those, we will work on our next financial goals. We are both extremely thankful to have jobs in this economy. We are also thankful that we don't have any little mouths to feed at this time.
As the month draws to a close, we get to enjoy more time with each other as Dwayne is on jobs where he can work in town or commute, which is great! I hope everyone has a great week! Think about all you have to be thankful for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment