So May is almost over, and it's been a great month! It's gone by really quickly, but we've had a lot of fun. I've been at my new job with the State Auditor's Office for about a month and a half and I love it!! It's challenging, interesting, and something new every day. Dwayne has been working in Asheville on different clients all month, and I love getting to come home to him every day.
We've been fortunate to see both sides of the family a couple of times each this month. This is a busy month: Dwayne's mom's birthday was this past Monday, my dad's birthday is next Monday along with our 2nd anniversary! I can't believe it's already been 2 years!! We've accomplished so much together, and I'm so excited to see what our future holds!
Update on the Total Money Makeover: We are doing great and accomplishing our goals (paying things off) ahead of schedule at this point. We are very blessed in that God has given us great jobs and that we don't have any little mouths to feed at this point. We are going to start paying off our Explorer this month and our goal is to have it completely paid off by November, but I think we can knock it out before then! I'll keep you updated! The money makeover is great, and it's such a "high" when you pay something off. It's those in between months when you're working toward something but just aren't quite there yet that it's hard to stick with it. I believe we are going to be thrilled when everything is paid for and we can start saving for more exciting things.
I got to go to my friend Liz's linens and lingerie shower and bachelorette party in Knoxville a couple of weeks ago. It was really fun! It was great to see my friends and catch up. I'm also thrilled for Liz that she's found the person she wants to be with the rest of her life. Best of luck in everything Liz and Jay! In my opinion, married life is spectacular and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
On another note, I'm loving spring/summer in Asheville. It's about ten times LESS humid than Knoxville and beautiful! There are a lot of fun things we plan to do this summer in and around Asheville. I plan to go to the Farmer's Market soon to get some local fresh produce. There are tons of outdoor things to do: hiking, fishing, canoeing, biking, I could go on and on. We are going to try some new outdoorsy things this summer, which should be interesting. I've never thought of myself as an outdoorsy kind of gal, but I'm really looking forward to it. If anyone has any suggestions of fun things to do, please let me know!
I think I've rambled enough for now. Happy Memorial Day! And Happy Anniversary to us!!
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment