We get to move into our new apartment on Thursday!! We are so excited! Dwayne and I are going to move as much as we can on Thursday and Friday and then we have some help on Saturday. Our couch is being delivered on Friday, so we are going to work on unpacking while we are waiting for that to arrive.
I cannot wait to decorate. I've been collecting things since December. I'm decorating the kitchen in zebra. The living room and dining room will have the same color palette: a sage green, a bright red, and a light turquoise with hints of brown and gold. I got the idea when I found these curtains at World Market. The curtains will go in the living room. Mom also got us the chair pads for the dining room chairs that will tie the two rooms together. I'm painting our dining room chairs the light turquoise color (pictures to come). We have gotten accent pieces in the 3 main colors. The guest room/office will be decorated in UT motif. We have gotten several things for this room, and we are excited to see how it all comes together. We have discussed several different ideas for the guest bathroom, but we are still undecided. We'll probably wait a month or so to finish decorating this room.
Other than being excited about our new place, we have just been relaxing. I've been working for Dad and really enjoying seeing the people that work there. Dwayne and I did go with my Nana and Grandad (my mom's parents) to Boone this past Friday. They wanted to take us out to lunch and shopping to celebrate our graduation. We got to see the houses they grew up in as we passed through Roan Mountain. That was special. The whole day was a great time that I will always cherish.
If anyone wants to come help us move this weekend just give us a call. . . :) Just kidding! Definitely make plans to come visit us soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment